Sunday, October 21, 2012

the man who would not move up the bus


Living elsewhere I learnt to copy 'normal' behaviour for crowds, queueing and using public transport (chaotic, pushy, very closely packed yet also quietly supportive in the case of Moscow). But back in London, I find this is bringing out the worse, as my inner grumpy middle-class english woman returns to dominance.

So I cannot believe how unhelpful people are on crowded buses and trains. I am one of those who bossily asks people to move up (which I now notice has been turned into a recorded public announcement on the buses, since drivers clearly hate to actually talk to their passengers.)

So, here is a bit of naming and shaming for the man who stood resolutely blocking the - relatively empty - back of the bus; thereby ignoring the morning rush-hour crowds stuck outside in the drizzle, as we went from stop to stop without letting anyone on.

No comments:

Post a Comment